Helping Same-Sex Partners Build Families
Same-sex couples have been adopting children for decades in parts of the United States. However, in Virginia, LGBT people have had to adopt as individuals — until recently. With important changes in the law, the need for legal representation in same-sex adoption cases is expected to increase.
At Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, in Newport News, Virginia, we were very early supporters of same-sex adoption. We believe ourselves to be one of the first firms on the Peninsula to have successfully obtained an adoption order on behalf of a same-sex couple. As a firm, we are strong advocates for same-sex couples in a variety of important legal matters.
Discreet, Supportive Legal Representation For All Couples And Families
Attorney Amy Weisberg and our staff are known for being supportive, knowledgeable and effective in matters related to LGBT adoption. We can help you address important questions like:
- What are current changes in Virginia law?
- What role might biological parentage play in our adoption?
- How will surrogacy issues impact our adoption case?
- Is it difficult to complete a same-sex stepparent adoption case?
- What if my child’s other parent is out of the picture?
- What paperwork needs to be completed, and when?
- Will there be a home study?
Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, provides knowledgeable, discreet service to LGBT families. Our lawyers respect all families. We respect our clients’ privacy.