Am I Going To Jail For DUI?
Get Strong DUI Representation Now
Drunk driving offenses can be prosecuted as misdemeanors or felonies, depending on the facts of the case. It is normal to be afraid of the penalties that can accompany a conviction for DUI (driving under the influence) or a similar crime. Some people are afraid of jail time.
If you or a loved one has been arrested and charged with drunk driving, it is important to know your rights and to protect those rights with the help of an experienced defense attorney.
Know The Possible Outcomes And Potential Defenses
Every DUI case is different, with multiple factors in play. It is a mistake to assume you will automatically go to jail if you are arrested on suspicion of driving drunk or under the influence of legal or illegal drugs, especially if it is your first offense. But it is also a mistake to not get the strongest possible representation from a defense lawyer who knows how to handle your type of case.
Your lawyer should know Virginia DUI law inside and out and understand the types of defenses and options that can be used to minimize the damage to your life, career and reputation. At Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, we understand that possible defense approaches can involve:
- Working with the prosecution to reduce the charges
- Rehabilitative or educational programs
- Challenging the traffic stop
- Challenging the blood test or breath test evidence
With the assistance of experienced legal counsel, possible outcomes, without jail time, can include:
- Downgrading the charge to reckless driving
- The loss of your license for a period of time
- Restricted driving privileges that could you allow you to commute to and from work, for example
- The payment of fines
- Treatment, community service and other rehabilitative or restorative measures, if available
Get The Confidential Advice You Need
If your goal is to attain the best possible result in your DUI case, it is essential to discuss your matter with a defense attorney who can help. Contact Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, in Newport News for a free, confidential consultation.