George is a seasoned attorney with substantial experience in a wide variety of legal matters, including corporate law, personal injury, criminal defense, and wills, trusts and estates. He has practiced in state and Federal courts in both Virginia and California, and has also successfully handled numerous arbitrations and mediations.
A New Jersey native, George graduated with honors from Rutgers University, where he studied Philosophy and Economics. He received his law degree, cum laude, from the University of San Diego School of Law. As a law student, George worked for U.S. District Court Judge Larry A. Burns and as a teaching assistant for the law school’s legal research and writing program.
After receiving his law degree, George worked for several years at a prestigious civil litigation firm in Southern California, where had the privilege of representing large corporations and international businesses in multi-million dollar cases as well as small companies, entrepreneurs, and other individuals facing a variety of complex legal issues.
Hungry for increased autonomy and the opportunity to provide more personalized representation to individual clients, George sought out a small firm environment. Having also decided to relocate to the East Coast to be closer to family, George found Weisberg & Weisberg to be the perfect match for his skills and professional aspirations.
Outside of his legal practice, George enjoys racing and working on cars, playing the drums, and spending time with his wife Kristin and their two dogs Murray and Jette.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
George’s experience includes complex civil litigation, corporate law, criminal and traffic defense, personal injury, and wills, trusts, and estates. He has successfully represented large and small companies and individuals in connection with issues involving business contracts, internal business disputes, business entity formation, trade secrets, defamation claims, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty allegations, public and private construction projects, construction defects, landlord-tenant disputes, employment law, insurance coverage, judgment enforcement, real estate, and products liability.
George also represents clients as part of Weisberg & Weisberg's criminal defense team. His experience includes assisting individuals in connection with a wide variety of charges and proceedings in both state and Federal courts. In the course of his practice, he has participated in arraignments, preliminary hearings, plea negotiations, proffer meetings, motions practice, appeals, and sentencing.
George is also an integral part of Weisberg & Weisberg's personal injury team, where he assists plaintiffs in securing compensation for injuries caused by the negligence or intentional acts of others. He has handled matters involving medical malpractice, wrongful death, slip and fall, and motor vehicle accidents. Among other things, his substantial experience handling complex insurance issues is an invaluable resource in helping to maximize his clients' potential recovery.
George represents clients with a broad range of issues relating to wills, trusts, estates, and probate. He has prepared comprehensive estate plans for clients with small, simple estates as well as those with large, complex estates that include business ownership interests and a significant number of beneficiaries. In addition, George frequently assists both executors and beneficiaries involved in the probate process, including in situations where there are contentious disputes that require Court involvement.
Although the above areas represent the primary focus of George's practice, George's broad experience and knowledge make him well situated to assist you with almost any legal matter. If you have a legal issue of any kind, please do not hesitate to contact Weisberg & Weisberg today to learn how George and the other attorneys at the firm can assist you.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Rutgers University
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Philosophy
- Minor: Economics
- Understanding the Role of the Personal Representative and Managing the Inventory, The Probate Process from Start to Finish Seminar, NBI, May, 2017
- Constitutional Components of Firearms Law and Gun Ownership Legal Concerns (Presenter), Gun Law in Virginia Seminar, NBI, October, 2017
- Arming Your Trial Lawyer: Your Key Agreements And Communications Should Reflect Strategic Use Of Rights, Duties, Burdens Of Proof And Presumptions, Orange County Business Journal, August 26, 2013
- The Probate Process from Start to Finish Seminar, Understanding the Role of the Personal Representative and Managing the Inventory, NBI, May 2018
- Gun Law in Virginia Seminar, Constitutional Components of Firearms Law and Gun Ownership Legal Concerns (Presenter), NBI, October 2017
Past Employment Positions
- Rutan & Tucker LLP
- Law Offices of George Gorman
- U.S. District Court Judge Larry A. Burns