Accusations Of Distributing Cocaine And Crack Cocaine
Crack cocaine and cocaine arrests are still some of the most common arrests in Newport News and the Hampton Roads area.
Any Virginia drug distribution charge can have serious consequences. Since the start of America’s failed War on Drugs in the 1980s, authorities have chosen to harshly prosecute low- and mid-level drug offenders, incarcerating a generation of young people. Crack and cocaine charges still require the strongest possible defense representation.
Experienced Defense Lawyers Who Will Protect Your Rights
At Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, in Newport News, we are highly experienced defense attorneys who understand how to approach a drug case with our clients’ specific goals and circumstances in mind. We have fought to protect the rights of numerous clients who were accused of distributing cocaine and crack. In every case:
- We explore whether a suspect’s Miranda rights were honored or a confession was coerced.
- We conduct a thorough analysis of the search and seizure that led to the arrest.
- We scrutinize the circumstances of an arrest or search warrant.
- We explore whether law enforcement had reasonable suspicion to make a traffic stop or to initiate a detention of our client.
- If a drug dog was used, we question whether it was used properly to determine if we can move for suppression.
- We determine what evidence, if any, can be suppressed.
- We understand the tactics of local drug task forces.
Questions About Distribution Charges, Reasonable Suspicion Or Suppression Of Evidence?
We can answer your questions about drug distribution charges. Contact Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC in Newport News for a free, confidential consultation. Call us at 757-659-9611.