Supporting Non-Parent Custody And Visitation Rights
Many children have special, important relationships with adults who are not their parents. These relationships can be affected by divorce, death, illness, incarceration, substance abuse problems or other issues with a parent.
If you are a grandparent, stepparent, aunt, uncle or other relative of a child, and you are interested in exploring your custody or visitation rights, you should talk to an experienced family law attorney.
Stepparents’ Rights, Grandparents’ Rights And More
Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, is a boutique law firm based in Newport News , Virginia. Our lawyers are thoroughly experienced with family law cases involving complicated custody issues. We can help you answer important questions like:
- What legal rights do I have as a grandparent?
- Can I be awarded temporary custody of a child if his or her parents are unable to do their job right now?
- I am getting divorced, but I do not have legal rights to my stepson or stepdaughter. How can I stay involved in his or her life?
- Is it hard for nonparents to be awarded visitation rights?
- My son or daughter is abusing drugs or alcohol. Is it the right thing for me to try to get custody?
- Will a court award custody to an aunt, uncle or family friend of a child?
Every case is different. Our firm understands Virginia law as it relates to nonparent custody and visitation rights.
Contact Us To Learn More
Contact the attorneys of Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, to discuss your important legal matter. We are committed to providing honest, practical advice and results-oriented representation to men and women. Call 757-659-9611 in Newport News.