Help With Federal Criminal Charges
Being convicted of a federal crime can lead to years of incarceration and other severe consequences. If you or a family member has been charged with a federal offense, the need for strong defense representation is urgent.
Federal criminal charges are unlike other kinds of charges. Federal cases differ from state or local criminal matters in several ways:
- They are handled by federal government agents and federal prosecutors.
- They are heard in separate courts by federal judges.
- You may be subject to strict sentencing guidelines or “mandatory” minimum sentences, such as time in federal prison, if you are convicted of a federal crime.
Some crimes break both Virginia’s state laws and federal laws. Every case is different, but any serious criminal charge calls for a strong, strategic defense to protect your rights and your freedom.
What You Can Do If You Have Been Charged (Or You Are Being Investigated)
If you have been charged with a white collar or financial crime, a drug crime or another serious federal offense, get help from an attorney with trial experience in federal court as soon as possible. A criminal defense lawyer at Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, can represent you aggressively if you or a family member faces charges related to:
- Federal drug crimes like trafficking
- Fraud such as mail fraud, wire fraud or credit card fraud
- Embezzlement, counterfeiting or forgery
- Federal weapons crimes
- Crimes against a federal employee
- Child pornography and Internet crimes
When Should I Talk To Law Enforcement Or Investigators About The Case?.
Not until you have spoken to your attorney. You should respectfully invoke your legal right to remain silent. If you are a suspect, federal investigators are looking for evidence against you, and they may use numerous methods to obtain information to incriminate you.
Talk To Us: We Offer A Free, Confidential Consultation
Talk to Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, in Newport News, Virginia, about your federal criminal charges. Contact us for a free, confidential consultation. Call 757-659-9611.