We Provide Defenses And Guidance For Charges Alleging Embezzlement And White Collar Crimes
Generally speaking, white collar crimes refer to crimes that involve the wrongful taking of another’s money or property illegally and without force. Embezzlement and fraud are two categories of white collar crime that can lead to serious consequences like incarceration, fines, job termination and loss of personal reputation.
Many Virginia embezzlement cases take one of two forms:
- Employees (including workers such as retail cashiers) who are accused of stealing from a business at which they work
- Accounting, fundraising and management professionals, entrusted with financial responsibilities by their organizations, who are accused of stealing or misappropriating funds
Exploring Possible Defenses | Providing Practical Guidance
If you or a loved one was charged with embezzlement or another white collar crime, talk to a criminal defense attorney right away. Do not talk to the police about your case before you have legal representation.
An experienced defense lawyer from Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC in Newport News can help you understand your legal rights, explore possible defenses and work hard to help you resolve the matter as quickly and favorably as possible. We are adept at handling cases involving:
- Church, school or PTA employees or volunteers accused of wrongfully taking money or property
- Employees who allegedly abused their access to bank accounts or their check writing privileges
- Resolving cases by a satisfaction and accord, by payment of restitution and avoiding a criminal conviction
- Allegations of intermingling personal and business funds
- Fraud and counterfeiting charges
Defending an embezzlement or white collar case typically requires a great deal of time, dedication and patience to fully understand the charges and to put forth a proper defense. As a prosecutor, Noah Weisberg received specific training on how to prosecute white collar crimes, and he is here to offer you his experience and time to work toward your defense.