Don’t Settle For Less Than What You’re Owed After A Motor Vehicle Accident
When you take to the road, you never know what other drivers are thinking or doing, or if they should be driving at all. You might be facing aggressive, distracted or impaired drivers. Responsible drivers are being hurt and killed because of other drivers’ negligence.
If you were hurt or someone died in a motor vehicle accident in the Suffolk, Newport News or Norfolk areas, the personal injury attorneys at Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, can help you get the compensation you need to recover. Our legal team has helped people who were in car, motorcycle, bike and pedestrian accidents. We have helped people who were in truck or tractor-trailer collisions or hit by impaired or distracted drivers.
Insurance Companies Know We Will Take Your Case To Trial
We have a professional reputation as litigators. If we take your case, we are prepared to take your case to trial to achieve the best outcome for you. Our reputation offers you the best path to achieving positive results. Insurance companies know we are serious and that we will aggressively defend you.
Insurance companies will try to get you to settle as soon as possible. The statute of limitations allows two years from the date of your traffic accident to file a lawsuit. Serious injuries often take three to six months or more to show up after an accident. When you settle, you will probably have to sign a written agreement that states you are accepting the money against all future claims. This is legally binding.
We have helped clients who were hurt in a variety of accidents, including:
If you were hurt or someone died in a motor vehicle accident in the Suffolk, Newport News or Norfolk areas, the personal injury attorneys at Weisberg & Weisberg, P.L.L.C., can help you get the compensation you need to recover. Our legal team has helped people who were in car, motorcycle, bike and pedestrian accidents. We have helped people who were in truck or tractor-trailer collisions or hit by impaired or distracted drivers.
2022 Virginia Vehicle Crash Stats: A Year In Review
Periodically, governments analyze motor vehicle accidents that occur in the region. On most fronts, 2022 was a sobering year, as vehicle crashes and fatalities saw a worrying uptick:
- Total number of Virginia crashes: 122,434, representing a 3.3% rise from 2021
- Total accident injuries: 59,404, a 1.1% increase from 2021
- Total alcohol-involved accidents: 6,910, increasing 2.4% from the previous year
- Total speeding-involved crashes: 24,877, a 1.0% increase from 2021
- Total pedestrian-involved accidents? 1,476, a disturbing 5.5% rise from the prior year
- Total motorcycle wrecks: 2,053, representing a thankfully slight 0.2% increase from 2021
Unfortunately, 1005 souls perished in motor vehicle accidents that year –that means 3.8% more people died in crashes than in 2021. However, on a brighter note, the number of crashes involving unrestrained occupants fell by 3.8%.
Noteworthy Car Accident Averages In Virginia
Every roadway journey carries risk, whether driving across the country or down to the corner store. Understanding the scope of that risk – the cold logic of averages – may help you navigate the car-filled world:
- Every 4.3 minutes, a vehicle accident occurs
- Each day, 163 people suffer injuries in a crash
- Daily, 2.8 lives are lost due to vehicle accidents
- One out of every 27.3 licensed drivers are involved in a crash
Other Accident Factors From 2022
Road type also played a substantial role in the above statistics. Drivers fear expressways and thoroughfares, but the report shows that most car accidents happen on noninterstate roadways.
- Interstate highway accidents: 22,550, 18.4%
- Noninterstate crashes: 99,884, 81.6%
Another critical piece of information the report revealed is the driver behaviors that contribute to vehicle accidents. Here are five of the most common:
- Following too close: 24,633 drivers, 11.0%
- Failing to yield: 17,160 drivers, 7.7%
- Changing lanes improperly: 9,103 drivers, 4.1%
- Running a traffic sign or signal: 7,501 drivers, 3.4%
- Speeding: 5,169 drivers, 2.3%
Data about vehicle accidents from previous years can paint a possible picture of specific hazards you may face, potentially keeping your family safer.
Experienced Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers Ready To Protect Your Rights
Our attorneys focus on personal injury matters, and we have extensive experience helping motor vehicle accident victims in Suffolk, Virginia, and the surrounding area. If you were hurt by someone else’s negligence in a car, bike, motorcycle, trucking and tractor-trailer or pedestrian accident, our personal injury team is ready to work for you.