Divorce For Same-Sex Couples
Same-sex couples experience the same problems faced by heterosexual couples. The end of a committed relationship can be incredibly painful and highly complicated. From property division to child custody, serious legal issues call for the help of an experienced lawyer. Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, in Newport News, Virginia, can help.
Protecting The Rights Of LGBT Clients For Years
Based on recent developments in the law, Virginia will recognize same-sex marriages. While same-sex family law is a relatively new and ever-evolving field in the Commonwealth, attorney Amy Weisberg of Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, took an early interest in advocating for same-sex individuals and couples. Amy stays current on changes in the law, and continues to provide strong, strategic representation to LGBT clients in family law matters and other types of cases.
We can answer your questions about:
- Your specific legal rights as a married or nonmarried person in Virginia
- Equitable distribution, property division and issues with retirement, business and real estate assets
- Issues related to child custody, visitation and parenting time
- Child support and spousal support
- How long your case will take and how much it may cost
- What happens if an asset was acquired before your marriage was legally recognized
Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, has significant experience working with same-sex couples.
Contact Us | Get Your Questions Answered | Free Initial Consultation
Searching for a knowledgeable LGBT family law firm or LGBT divorce attorney? Contact us to discuss your case. Call 757-659-9611.